St. Charles’s Church in Karlsplatz, Vienna
Vienna State Opera. It’s currently playing Puccini’s La Boheme, I’m not too familiar with it but I know it’s where the broadway musical Rent is based from.
A tiny improvement on my Google Adsense earnings has got me posting again. And by tiny I mean a few cents. But it still counts for something.
I went there not expecting anything, a bit uneasy because I was– in my book, unprepared. I haven’t really read up on the history and the places, and I just deplore being an ignorant traveler like that. Or, okay… tourist.
I thought it was just another snotty ‘royal’ city, but surprisingly I ended up falling in love. I hope to be back and actually go inside the museums and palaces, and perhaps fulfill these petty, pretentious dreams:
- See Klimt’s Der Kuß and Judith at Belvedere
- Visit the Kaiserappartements
- Get on the Riesenrad at Prater.
- Go to a real kaffeehaus and have a latte and big delicious cream cake or sachertorte
- See the Boys’ Choir
- Mozart’s home or the Freud museum
- Hundertwasserhaus (by the Austrian Gaudí)
- Schloss Schönbrunn and the gloriette
Just putting things onto digital paper, lest I forget.